Monday, 3 June 2013

Saturday Inspiration

Today I used my new Adirondack alcohol inks and made a few backgrounds - what fun .......and messy!. The Saturday Inspiration challenge on SCS was "Anything Preppy" and I chose the Preppy Puppy as the colours were just up my street! The colours I used were Pool and Clover from the Brights range. I stamped the Agapanthus image from Stampendous and the sentiment in Lights Snow Cap and heat embossed in white. For the image I used a spellbinders deckled edge die and cut out some butterflies with an SU! punch, added some gems and adhered them to the black mat with dimensionals having first overlaid the mat with white baker's twine. I expect I will be using these inks more often now - I so enjoyed working with them.



I have entered this in the following Challenges:
Country View Crafts Challenge #4 Die cuts

Hope you all are having a great day



Kathy
If all else fails - eat chocolate

6 comments:

  1. It's so cute! I love the colors! I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color of your card just popped out at me on Make It Monday. Had to stop by to say how lovely it is!

    Thanks for sharing your creativity with me!
    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the alcohol inks and the bright color they produce. Fun use of twine. I saw you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your contrast of colors and the beautiful stamped image. Your butterflies are the perfect accent. :) Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and colors. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Kathy - very creative and love the colour contrast. Thanks for sharing it with us at Country View Challenges this month. In order to remain in the challenge you do need to mention what the challenge is alongside the name of our site. I'll check back before the close. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)