Monday, 3 June 2013

Pop Art!

Fun challenges on SplitCoastStampers this last few days.
The Mix Ability challenge was to make a simple design with markers or paint,  then outline the shape with a fine black or white pen. The Monday CAS was to use a piercing tool and Monday Try a New Technique was to use at least 3 neutral colours for background and then add a pop of one colour.
I combined the three into one card.

I used Frayed Burlap, Weathered Wood and Bundled Sage Distress Inks as my three neutrals to make my background by first using the Colour Blocking technique and then stamping some  IndigoBlu French Script and  Home Decor Ivy Leaves over the top in Weathered Wood and Bundled Sage. I daubed some Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge in a sort of circle then free hand drew some petals and leaves with a Copic Multiliner. I first coloured the centre black but this looked too stark so I added some Stickles silver to soften.  I paper pierced the oval and corners and added the sentiment.

Entered into the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody
Make it Monday
Country View Crafts
Old Back Porch



 Have a great day everyone!

                                           Kathy.
If all else fails - eat chocolate

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Thank you SO much for sharing this adorable creation with us at MIM! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. That is a great image you made!
    Saw it on MIM :D
    Riette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the focus of color!
    Saw it on MIM :D
    Riette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty pop of color. I saw you on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, this is so cool looking. I love the way you made your background. I am definitely going to have to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You drew the petals free hand? Fantastic!
    BTW Saw your card on Make It Monday
    TFS
    DebiB
    Thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)