Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Poppies

I received this new release from IndigoBlu this week - Wild Flowers - absolutely gorgeous.
I can see a great many possibilities for this stamp. I couldn't wait to get started!

The challenge on IndigoBlu this month is 'backgrounds' and as I wanted to use this stamp I decided a very plain background would be best to show off these beautiful flowers.  Out comes the ScorPal and a diamond background created with gems added to the bottom row.  I used Copic pens to colour the image which was then mounted on black card.  I used a Fiskars Corner Punch on nearly all the corners.  The SU!  tag was stamped with Happy Birthday from GKD and faux stitching added.  A small heart gem secured the tag. Unfortunately I had to crop my image as a fingermark appeared out of nowhere!!!????  Never mind eh! Just goes to show you can use a partial image and still get great results.:)

If all else fails - eat chocolate

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Kathy, love the image. Saw you on MIM Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and white with a pop of red. It's very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card. The poppies really do pop. :-) Thank you for joining us this week for the TTCRD challenge. Hope to see you again next week. ~DT Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Kathy, one of my favourites from the new stamps. I love black and white with a touch of colour it always looks so elegant. Thank you for joining us at the Indigo Blu Forever 21 Challenge ....... Good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful! I love poppies. Your card is gorgeous. Visiting from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully designed and made Kathy. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card at Country View Challenges.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)