Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Landscape

Today I tried another blending technique using Colorbox Stylus tool with white oval sponge tips, glossy paper, distress inks and following these great tutorials from Stampscapes 
The stylus tool is wonderfully ergonomic but I found the oval sponge tips don't last too long if you use too much pressure on the ink pads. ie the pads need to be nice and juicy! I used ScorePal to add interest to the top corners and along each side of the sentiment.
Anyway this is my fourth attempt and I feel quite pleased with the result.
I am entering this in the Colour Challenge on SCS  ,  For your Inspiration #45 , Make it Monday and Paper Crafting Journey





The inspiration being this photo - very moody!




Stamps: Cove, clouds, ripples and branches from Stampscape,  Heron - Follow Your Dreams and sentiment - Hello Sunshine from Gina K Designs,  Bullrushes - Meadow breeze -Inkylicious.


Kathy
If all else fails - eat chocolate

12 comments:

  1. My goodness this is stunning! I love everything about this! What a great take on the inspiration photo. Thanks for playing along with us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good gravy, this is AMAZING! I LOVE this card--it's just stunning, like Steph said! Gorgeous silhouette stamping and gorgeous blending! Thanks for joining us at FYI! :)

    PS: I've got a DT call on at a new challenge I'm starting called House of Cards. If you'd like, it would be great for you to apply! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Scene love the colors and composition!~hugs Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible card Kathy...you did an outstanding job with your blending on this. It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing scene - love the coloring! Thanks for joining us at For Your Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your landscape card is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGeee love it! Am going to find those tutorials, thank you so much for sharing. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our anything goes challenge Karen P, Paper Crafting Journey Design Team http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly gorgeous card this is beautiful! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous scene! I love everything about this. So glad you joined us at FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! Beautiful take~ Thanks for joining in with FYI~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can join the other ladies: your card is absolutely gorgeous! Indeed you are a "Top Pic Winner" with this card. (PCJ)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)