Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Spring Bling Blues

I have combined several challenges this week into one card. The SCS colour challenge was to use pale blue, mid green and yellow; Just Us Girls to use a negative die; Country View Crafts to make a Spring card and Stamp TV - Spring and Bling.
For this card I used ivory card stock which I stamped with my main image then using Weathered Wood distress ink I made a background with the stamped off image. I used an embossing folder -In Stitches - to create  more dimension. The negative die technique enabled me to remove part of the card to the left of the image. I used an edgelit with blue card to make a border. The image is coloured with Copic Inks and the butterflies stamped with Broken China distress ink.
I coloured my image again on scratch card -  fussy cut and attached with glue dots.  Happy Birthday was stamped and embossed; blue and yellow pearls and a blue ribbon attached. The yellow, blue and ivory mats were attached to the card using dimensionals.



Spell Binders A 2 Template, Memento Tuxedo Black, Clear Embossing Powder
Craft Concepts E F  - In Stitches, Weathered Wood Distress Ink,  Copic Pens,
Big Shot Edgelits - Finishing Touches, Stamps: Dogwood and Butterfly, Purrr-fectly Delightful 
- both GKD, yellow,blue and ivory card stock, Anita's Pearls, pale blue grosgrain ribbon,
liquid glue, glue dots and dimensionals.

Have a great day and thank you for coming by.

3 comments:

  1. This card is AWESOME...I love the way you colored that image. It's so funny...I was in the STV Gallery...looking at this card and getting ready to comment (still going to) and your email popped into my inbox for your blog. I was meant to come here to comment on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kat, I love the little flutter of butterflies. Thank you for entering the first challenge at Country View Challenges, but just a little reminder that to be eligible for the draw you need to link the challenge to your blog. It would be great if you did that so we can put you in.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colored flowers! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)