Sunday, 24 March 2013

Soft and creamy

This weeks challenge at JUGS was to use this photo for inspiration . I love these colours which remind me of soft creamy roses and summer - I wish!

We have snow AGAIN here this weekend. It's end of March for goodness sake!  I need to plant out my seeds LOL!

This was also entered into two challenges at Split Coast Stampers.

This week I downloaded some lovely soft prints from Liz Armstrong' s Pink Petticoat - the blog of Simply Creative - so decided to use them today. I don't often use paper on my cards but these are really soft and there are some gorgeous new colours. What I particularly like about these prints is that you can download the patterns with either a cream or a white background.

I stamped some cream card with Anita's Roses using Ranger's Distress Ink - Tea Dye and layered with Sweet Apricot solid shade. I used  Little Polka Dots as another layer over the Totally Tangerine base card. The sentiment was stamped on a banner. A ScorPal was used to add diagonal score lines to one corner and three gems to finish.


I hope you like this card; I certainly enjoyed making it today.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you love the colours! Your card is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and card. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)