Monday, 11 February 2013

Speedy Recovery

This weeks challenge on JUGS was to use 'masking' on the card. I chose to do a CAS card so as to combine with my challenge on StampNation.



The light wasn't too good today for photos; I really need to make a light box!
I stamped the large flower on Ryman Bright White 200gm card with Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear ep.  I masked it with another stamped on paper and then stamped the smaller flower to underlap; again embossed with clear ep. I masked them both in order to stamp the foliage with Ranger Distress Inks in Bundled Sage and Weathered Wood for the background. I coloured the flowers with Copic pens, added a sentiment, embossed some lines, added some peach pearls and silver Stickles. After rounding the two corners I mounted this on white card stock with dimensionals. The flower and foliage stamps are from Stampin'Up  but the sentiment is from I don't know where!

Thanks for coming by.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! So simple yet so striking! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flower image and a fabulous CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Kathy. Because it's CAS, it fools the eyes into thinking it was a simple card, but in reality, masking can be a lot of work. You done good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marisa and Susan,
    yes it is a lot more work than it looks! Enjoyed making that one though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)