Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Man's Birthday Card

Next week my son will be 32 - I just cannot believe that - he's my baby!
Anyway this week I have been working on his centre step card and this is it.



Yes I know - another pictorial card but you know - this sort of card is sooooo relaxing to do.
This time my aim was to create a cloudy/stormy sky - I'm still working on it but hey, I'm really quite pleased with the effect.  I used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen to give the clouds a silver lining - that really needs working on!  I followed a tutorial from Theresa Momber on her website Crafting the Web.

This card was entered into SCS Saturday Mackenzie Childs challenge inspired by the Grey, Blue and browns in this photo:



The stamp set, "Wild About You" designed by Theresa, is from GinaK Designs at Stamp TV as is the Kraft heavy weight card used for the base.
I used Memento Inkpads, Copic Pens and a Button from Basic Grey. The dp was a freebie I downloaded from the net.

Have a lovely day :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of using a Sakura pen to give the clouds their silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and I really love the fact that it is a horizontal center fold card and would love to have the instructions on the measurements of your cuts if possible. I have only recently made my first side step card and want to make one like this because I think I am hooked on this type card at the moment! Again, this one is gorgeous and I'm sure your son loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just want to say your Birthday Cards for Boyfriend is one of the best. Thanks for sharing it.

    Cheers and hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)