Thursday, 31 January 2013

Jugs Challenge

Not having been well this week I thought some Copic colouring would do me good;  I find it so relaxing.

This week the JUGS challenge was to be inspired by this great photo.
I could eat a slice of that right now!!



Anyway who wouldn't be inspired :)
This is my take on it - a bit of vintage  luxury.


I used brown card for the mats; dp was a freebie download from the net. I coloured the image using Copic pens then used the " Beyond the Border" technique to expose the lower half of the dress beyond the frame. The Art Deco images were given to me by a friend. - thank you Janet! The large flower and brad are from Gina K Designs.

Thank you for stopping by.  Hopefully I will be back to normal and stamping like mad by next week :)


9 comments:

  1. Great image and loving the polka dots. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I feel UNDER dressed to view this exquisitely colored and glorious card! Great job! I love how you were inspired by Just Us Girls! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girls!! loved that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is GORGEOUS Kathy...wow! What a great take on that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susan, from you that's high praise indeed! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful creation. Loving the colours, design and attention to detail. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - great coloring. I saw your card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, I adore the colours and the image and your layout is awesome. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an elegant card! Thank you for sharing this with us at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and make sure to mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)