Sunday, 6 January 2013

Happy New Year.

Well I hope this year is going to be better than the last! We have had the 2nd wettest year here since records began. AND I would say one of the windiest.

2012 was not the happiest for our family; my mother died earlier in the year. She was 90 years old and had been such a fit lady up until she had a stroke. She was always out walking the dog at least twice a day come rain or shine. Penny, a black labrador cross, had been her constant companion since my father died. A regular church goer, my mother had a very strong faith - she had absolutely no fear of death and she died peacefully last May.  I wish I had so strong a faith as she. You will be sorely missed Mum. We all loved you so much.


Mum and Dad on their Wedding Day -17th March 1944



With two of her Great Grandchildren.
May 2011














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)