Thursday, 10 January 2013

Emboss Resist Card

Birthdays abound this month so I am going to have to crack on a bit to get them all done. I lost my mojo somewhere during the Christmas holiday but this last week it has re-appeared out of the blue and I'm fired up ready to go. YAY!
This is a card I made for a friend recently using the emboss resist technique. I really love this technique so I'm using the card to inspire me to push onwards.
I stamped the butterfly on the strip card with Versamark Ink and applied some detail clear embossing powder. This was then embossed with a heat gun.  Using a variety of  Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads (Oooh I so love these!!) and some large spongers I gently rubbed and blended them over the butterflies in a random way. That's the fun bit - and no two cards are ever the same!


Before the inks dried I gently rubbed over the card with a piece of kitchen roll  to remove any ink from the embossing - now the butterflies really pop and shine.
Using my ScorPal I embossed some lines on some white card, matted both pieces on black layering card and then attached them to my turquoise card base.  I added a sentiment and some tiny pearls and WOW!  I love it :0

I entered this card in the SCS weekly Free For All Friday Challenge for Emboss Resist

Supplies:
The butterfly was floating around in my box and I honestly cannot remember where this is from!
Sentiment from "Hello Sunshine" - Gina K Designs
Versamark stamp pad
Tim Holtz Distress Inks : Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire and Weathered Wood. (LOL. I don't usually use this many together - I went a bit mad here I think!)
Stampendous detail clear embossing powder
Card from stash
Anita's fine pearls

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)