Friday, 11 January 2013

Distressing!

A free afternoon all to myself! This is so unusual as I normally have to drive and pick up my grandchildren from school and look after them until about 7pm. I love having them here but I must admit it is nice to have the Friday afternoon off. SOOOO what to do? Why make cards of course - need one ask LOL.
This next birthday card is again for a friend and I just know she will love the style.



This will be my first card distressed in this way and I really enjoyed  making it. I used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks around the torn edges of the dps having roughed the other edges up a bit first.
I used an EK border punch on two sides of the floral dp.
The image and sentiment were stamped on white card stock with Vintage Photo and again distressed. I used a copic marker E59 to colour in the border. This was then cut out with Spellbinders Large Ovals.
I should have distressed the dp oval but I had already stuck it down before I remembered!  I added a brown grosgrain ribbon, a chipboard daisy and a brad from Stella & Rose. This was all mounted onto a chocolate brown mat and attached to my white card base.

Overall I am quite pleased with the result but I think I will re-do it and this time distress the oval floral dp and reposition the white oval a bit more to the right. I think it will look a bit more balanced that way.
Not bad for a first effort tho'!

 I have entered this card in the Mix It Up Monday Challenge over at Stamp TV

Why not pop along there to see all the new Stamp Sets on offer.  Gina K Designs January Release Party was held last night and in addition to the new stamp sets, Gina introduced some fabulous new Stamp Pads and Re-inkers with co-ordinating card, ribbon and buttons. A WOW! Believe me.

Thanks for stopping by and do leave a comment if you like my cards!


8 comments:

  1. I am so happy to be your first follower and to see your lovely cards posted here. You are so talented and I love following your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan :) Nice to have you as a first!

      Delete
  2. Your friend is going to LOVE it! It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did love it Heather, thank you for you kind words.

      Delete
  3. I have enjoyed looking at your cards! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your link on Stamp Nation. This is pretty and your friend should love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and yes my friend did love it!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)