Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Two more recent projects


Brickwall Technique.

I saw this technique demonstrated on SplitCoast Stampers and had to give it a go. I was quite pleased with the result but not quite so happy with the balance; the ribbon is set just a bit to low. I found it quite fiddly once all the pieces had been cut; one big sigh from me and they had blown all over the bench! I got round this by attaching them to some re-positional tape. Problem solved - I could huff and puff to my heart's content while I decided the final positions on the card.  I have seen some examples on the net where the edges of each 1"x1/2" brick are shown distressed and I might give that a go next time although that is going to be even fiddlier than the previous problem. Certainly not a card to make in a hurry but very satisfying if you have the time and patience.



Image stamps from Hello Sunshine and Elegant Florals' and Sentiment from Dogwood and Butterfly stamp sets all at GinaK Designs



I made this Card Box with 6 cards inside for my friend Janet's Christmas present.



Again this is a GinaK design. A free template (not to actual size) can be downloaded from
The instructions can be found here and here.
This will hold 6 cards up to7.25 x 4.25" (With not too many layers)
I wanted mine to hold  7.5 x 5.5" cards so I adjusted the measurements. However you would need 12x12" card stock to do this - also an extra panel would need to be made for the bottom flap. Use these instructions alongside Gina's.

 Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards....that brick wall technique one made me gasp! GORGEOUS! (I always forget to use that technique!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn, yes it's fiddly but worth the effort :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate you taking the time out to do so - Kathy :)